Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's official - Our kids are getting older which only means Joe and I are doing the same. Hannah turned 8 last Wednesday and just loved her new room. We let her see it a day early because that is how we do most holidays around here. She loves it! I might love it more then her but, that's because I know how much work went into completing it. We stimulated the economy by getting her new dressers and a nightstand because her new room doesn't have a closet. Which is fine at this age because all their cloths are so little. In a couple years we will rethink the furniture situation. We also have some shelves that will go up behind her bed for all her little collectibles and such. Joe has officially wiped his hands clean of this project and is off to his garage again.
-BEFORE-

- AFTER-


(It's hard to get a good after picture with her room now having a door)

Then on Friday I did what any other loving parent would do...I let Hannah invite all her little friends over for her birthday celebration. There were 14 girls total with 7 spending the night. OH MY GOSH! Everything went wonderful except for the sleeping part. I last checked on them at 12:30 and only 2 of 8 were asleep. I thought a movie would knock them all out after playing outside all afternoon but, of course I was miserably wrong. They just don't stop! By the time I got to sleep Owen decided to wake up for his once nightly feeding then I dozed off again only to hear the girls playing "don't let the balloon touch the ground". This was at 7:00 A.M.! I knew they could be early risers but, I assumed that would only be if they went to sleep early. HA! Oh well they all had fun and Hannah said she had a great birthday and that's all that matters to me.

No comments: