Sunday, April 11, 2010

Goodbye Grandma Nelson

As a human life departs its often times hard to let go and say goodbye. Well that is what my family has had to do recently. I am extremely happy that I have such faith in Jesus to believe that our dear grandma is in a better place and that she is happy where she is at.
Grandma has been gone from this world for 1 week and 3 days now, departing us on Good Friday. Could you find a better day to pass away then on the anniversary of the death of our Lord Jesus? I don't think so.So many things have come back to me after she left us like her unending words of wisdom and her laughter every time I complained to her about something the kids were up to. I used to tell her to keep a watch out for a big package with holes in the top because it was going to be one of the kids. Her favorite story to tell was from a couple years ago when I mailed her a care package full of her MN favorites and the mail lady came up to her apartment to deliver the box so that grandma wouldn't have to carry it so far. Well grandma took one look at that box and who it was from and said to the mail lady, "Oh, it's from my granddaughter- I bet it's one of my grandchildren because she always tells me that one of these days she is gonna mail them to me." The poor mail lady almost fell over thinking there could be a child in that box. Grandma laughed and laughed but had to open the box in front of the lady to ease her fears.
She has always been an inspiration to me and always made me feel like I was the best in her eyes. She told me time and time again that I choose the best man in the world to marry and I am raising good kids. Which means a lot coming from a women that has done so much for her own family.

Goodbye grandma.

No comments: