Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Owen William




The wait is over! Now that Owen William VanHoorik is here it seems almost unreal.

On Saturday at about 6:00p.m. I thought I was having contractions but they weren't timable at all so we went to Joe's home away from home Menards to walk around a bit. However, at 11:00p.m. all the pains stopped so I got a little frustrated figuring that they were just braxton hicks and went to bed. Well low and behold at about 1:00a.m. I woke up with those same pains but, this time we were looking at about 4 to 5 minutes apart so after about 3 sets of those I woke Joe and my sister up and said lets go.

We got to the hospital at about 2:30a.m. and I was already dialated to a 5/6. What a relief! So this time around I opted for an epidural at around 4:00a.m. and my water broke about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes after recieving it. Then I dialted to a 9/10 right away so we did a couple trial pushes and they called the doctor right in. I only had to push about 6 to 8 sets and he was delivered at 6:06 a.m. on Sunday. (I have to note that all of our beautiful children were born on a Sunday) He suffered severe brusing on his face from coming out so fast and the whites of his eyes are blood red but other then that he is perfectly healthy and is doing great. They couldn't believe how big the little guy was - a wopping 9lbs 13.9ozs, 21 1/2" long and I didn't recieve a single stitch.

I feel great and it is so good to be home with everyone. The kids adore him and are pretty helpful and Buddy has taken his command post right next to him 24/7. I guess after sniffing him for about 1/2 a day he decided to be the protector.

I can't believe we are now a family of 6. I truly feel like the most blessed person in the world.





No comments: