Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Little Bits


Summer flew by and I know most of you out there are thinking the same thing. But for me the end of summer is really a time I look forward to. I love being a mom and being with the kids but sometimes it is a lot of work! Especially after this crazy summer. The end of summer also offers new opportunities for Avril and myself to separate a bit because she starts preschool 2 days a week in September.
For the last 2 weeks Avril was supposed to be in swimming lessons at the Monticello Community Center, however Avril and her stubbornness decided she wasn't going! Even with me standing right next to the pool she kicked and screamed that she wasn't going. So after 2 days of trying I gave up. I am not one to promote quitting but enough was enough last week. Well my thoughts now go to my delima of preschool....I have always known Avril is much stronger willed the the others but she must go. Thankfully I have had too many embarrassing moments in parenting that a little fit isn't going to work on me. So I must get my mean mommy face on and throw her to the lions. (Right?) I am sure that after 2 days of trying I have to sick dad on her:) -When mom fails send in reinforcements-
Other then not looking forward to Avrils adventures, I am happy to report that Hannah and Isaac are ready to go back. I just can't believe I have a 4th and a 1st grader. When did they grow up?

Super day everyone-more postings to come...

No comments: