Thursday, September 3, 2009

School Starts Soon!

With the start of school fast approaching I find myself both excited and timid about it. I am excited because it will be 2 less kids bickering all day however, it also means on with the mad- running around. Hannah will start swimming 3 nights a week and Isaac has agreed to join the boys gymnastics team. (We have been watching him at the playground lately and are noticing some pretty good ring skills) Avril will be in preschool 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day and Owen and I will be doing a parent/child class once a week. I am doing this with Owen so I don't end up with 2 children that can't leave my side. As everyone knows is how Avril is! On top of the normal sports both Joe and I will be active in Scouting. Joe took on a leadership role through Boy Scouts and I am still the leader of Hannah's troop in Girl Scouts. I truly believe that I choose to take on the job of parent and fully intend to make the best of it. I know it will be a hectic year but it can't be much different then the ones in the past or the ones still to come. And if that is a day brightener then I just have to think....17 years and they will all be off (hopefully Owen a Freshman in College, Avril a Junior, Isaac newly graduated and job hunting, and Hannah either career focused or starting a family). I know I hold high expectations but, don't we all for our children.

Inspirational Quote for the day: My life is my message. - Mahatma Ghandi

No comments: