Monday, November 24, 2008

Sorry that I haven't updated anything for like EVER! I took on the volunteer job of Crow River Service Unit cookie manager so I have had pretty much no time for much else. I am really excited to have the big meeting over with tomorrow night because I have noticed that the more speaking I do in a public setting the worse I get at it. My heart starts beating like a million miles per minute, I forget things and I loose my voice so tomorrow night should be interesting considering the fact that I have to speak for an entire hour. I guess I never thought of all this before I took on the position. Oh well.. N-E-Ways enough about me..

Hannah had her 1st ever competition on Friday for swimming and she ROCKED! She competed 1st in the 25 yard freestyle race and got 4th only because she didn't know that she had to touch the wall. She would have been 1st or 2nd if it weren't for that. Then her 2nd race was the 50 yard backstroke and she placed 4th of 7 against 9-12 year olds. 3rd race was the 25 yard backstroke and she placed 2nd of 5. Then she was in a 100 yard freestyle relay and her team placed 4th of 5. I am one of those dumb emotional moms who tears up over everything. When she jumped in I tear up, when she touches the wall I cry, and especially when there is one kid that can barely finish the race so everyone cheers super loud until they make it I really cry! UGH! I really hope I can get over this and no I am not pregnant- its just how I am lately. Just overjoyed I guess. But, Joe and I are extremely proud of her she did great and had such confidence in herself and really gave it her all.


Little Braeden turned 2 on Friday. I just can't believe he's that old already. He's just a bundle of energy and a little sassy but it's cute because he's not mine. Sam had his birthday party on Saturday and we all had a great time. Sam did a good job preparing food for everyone. Her 1st family gathering didn't go that well and she didn't have enough food to feed everyone so this time she really pulled though. Sorry Sam but 1 cup of gravy for 15+ people does not cut it. ;)
Then when that was over my mom came back to our house and watched the kids while Joe and I went Bowling with Tony, Jamie and her dad. Joe didn't bring his A-game but I did manage to get my 1st ever Turkey (3 strikes in a row). YEA ME!

Well that's all this Zoo has to report. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Good job to Hannah! Swimming is such a great thing for these kids! It's funny how you mentioned tearing up all the time. I STILL do that with both my kiddos! Just last weekend, they both had great swims and did better than they expected. I found myself wiping a few tears as they got out of the pool and looked for us in the stands, and flashed those big, proud smiles...